Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Breakfast at Wichit

As I have mentioned, I have suspended the ban on Wichit.  And I was in the mood for a breakfast sandwich and I always like to try new places.  So I told the other Monkeys that I was going to be stopping at Wichit for breakfast today and they all decided to join me.

We all looked at the rather extensive breakfast menu and ooh and aah'ed about it.  Big plans were made about omelettes and breakfast plates and all of that.  But in the end we all got breakfast sandwiches.  And pretty much all the same breakfast sandwich.

The Bread Winner is your basic egg and cheese with your choice of meat.  We all got bacon.  Some were on ciabatta and one on marbled rye and the cheeses were varied.  But still, basically all the same.  We also got home fries to share.

The sandwich was good.  But even though they put two eggs in it the ciabatta roll was a little big and it made the sandwich a little bread heavy.  The home fries were really good and probably would have been even better if they didn't have to travel.  But it was too much food.  The home fries, although I'm glad we tried them, were probably unnecessary.  You might even be able to get away with half a sandwich and half an order of home fries.

There are a lot of places around to get a breakfast sandwich but Wichit is close and good and I would definitely go back.  Maybe next time we will get a little more adventurous and get an omelette or pancakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment