Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Burgers - But Not Five Guys



So we tried a new burger place.  Well, new to us.  We went to the Boston Burger Company.  We all got burgers like normal people except for Babbit, who got a chicken club.  The burgers come with homemade potato chips and your choice of slaw or baked beans.  We didn't want any of that.  So we asked if we could do away with all of that stuff and get fries and onion rings instead.  But that was a no go.  So we got some fries and onion rings as well as all that other stuff.


Everything was good.  The fries are more like potato wedges.  The chips were okay, Babbit was not a fan.  I think the slaw fell in the same category.  It was fine but nothing special.  The burgers are big and delicious.  We all just got the basic burger and added whatever we wanted.  They have a bunch of specialty burgers but most of them sound insane to me so I don't see myself ever getting them.  (I feel bad enough eating the burger I don't need to add mozzarella sticks to the mix.)  Onions cost extra for some reason.  Danny...Boy tried an egg on his and was very happy with it.  Babbit got some jerk mayo and no one was really a fan of that.  But Danny...Boy got sriracha mayo and he said it might even rival the chipotle sauce he gets from Wichit, and we all know how much he loves that stuff.  I though it was good but I couldn't quite get over the idea of dipping my deep fried food into mayonnaise.  But maybe I would have felt differently before I starting counting calories.

I think everyone was pleased with the food.  But since we could not sub things out for fries we ended up with way too much food.  And I think people would have been slightly disappointed if there were no fries with the burgers.  And it was expensive.  It is not a burger we could get all the time.  So we would all be willing to go back but I don't think it will ever take the place of Five Guys as our go to burger place.








No comments:

Post a Comment